Problems in our marital relationships can add stress to the pile of daily preoccupations. Having a healthy relationships can relieve some stress. The following are ten tips to have a healthy marital relationship:
- Have a weekly date night
- Talk about your day with each other
- Call or text in the middle of the day just to say Hey!
- Let your partner know how much you appreciate the things he/she does
- Talk about your future plans
- Show interest in his/her hobbies from time to time
- Take a vacation together without children or other family members
- Say “I love you” more often
- Have more sex
- Choose your battles wisely
The above tips can help you add positive events in your relationship, but are not the intended to fix the problems you may be already experiencing. If you need to talk to someone about problems in your relationship may be is time to seek professional help.